Crowned Heads: A Tribute to Craftsmanship and Tradition
Crowned Heads is a boutique cigar company founded in 2011 by Jon Huber and Mike Conder, both industry veterans with previous experience at CAO. The company is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and aims to create premium cigars that honor the rich tradition and craftsmanship of the cigar-making process.
The Most Popular Crowned Heads Cigars
Crowned Heads partners with world-renowned factories, including Tabacalera La Alianza in the Dominican Republic, led by industry legend Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, and My Father Cigars S.A. in Nicaragua, owned by the Garcia family. These collaborations allow Crowned Heads to produce exceptional cigars with a unique character and flavor profile.
Here are six of the most popular product lines from Crowned Heads:
Four Kicks – Launched in 2011, Four Kicks is the debut line from Crowned Heads, featuring an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. This medium-bodied cigar offers notes of cedar, leather, and spice.
Headley Grange – Inspired by the famous Headley Grange recording studio in England, this cigar line boasts an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. It provides a medium to full-bodied experience with flavors of cocoa, earth, and pepper.
J.D. Howard Reserve – Named after the alias used by the infamous outlaw Jesse James, this line features a Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper, an Ecuadorian Sumatra binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. The result is a medium to full-bodied smoke with notes of chocolate, spice, and wood.
La Imperiosa – Originally a limited release, La Imperiosa became a regular production line due to its popularity. It features an Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. The cigar delivers a full-bodied profile with flavors of dark chocolate, espresso, and black pepper.
Las Calaveras – Introduced in 2014, this annual limited-edition series pays homage to the Mexican holiday, Día de Los Muertos. Each year, a new blend is released, showcasing different wrappers, binders, and fillers. Las Calaveras is known for its bold, full-bodied flavor profiles.
Le Careme – A tribute to French chef Marie-Antoine Careme, Le Careme features a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, an Ecuadorian Sumatra binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. This medium-bodied cigar offers a rich and complex flavor profile, with notes of chocolate soufflé, coffee, and cedar.
Crowned Heads has quickly gained a reputation for creating outstanding cigars that blend tradition with innovation, resulting in a memorable smoking experience for aficionados worldwide.
How Crowned Heads Cigars Are Made
Crowned Heads doesn’t have its own cigar factory; instead, they collaborate with world-class cigar factories to create their distinct and high-quality cigars. This strategic partnership allows Crowned Heads Cigars to focus on blending and marketing while benefiting from the expertise and resources of established cigar factories.
Two primary factories collaborate with Crowned Heads:
- Tabacalera La Alianza: Located in Santiago, Dominican Republic, Tabacalera La Alianza is owned and operated by the legendary cigar maker Ernesto Perez-Carrillo. Ernesto is best known for his role in the success of La Gloria Cubana cigars and later founding E.P. Carrillo Cigar Company. Tabacalera La Alianza is responsible for producing several Crowned Heads lines, including Four Kicks, Headley Grange, J.D. Howard Reserve, La Imperiosa, and Le Careme. The factory is known for its excellent craftsmanship, strict quality control, and use of the finest tobaccos.
- My Father Cigars S.A.: Founded by the renowned Garcia family, My Father Cigars S.A. is located in Estelí, Nicaragua. Don Pepin Garcia and his son, Jaime Garcia, have a long history of creating some of the most sought-after cigars in the industry. My Father Cigars S.A. produces the Las Calaveras line for Crowned Heads, among other collaborations. The factory is acclaimed for its impeccable construction and utilization of top-notch Nicaraguan tobaccos.
Crowned Heads sources its tobaccos from various regions to create unique and diverse blends that cater to a wide range of palates. Some of the tobaccos used in their cigars include:
- Ecuadorian Habano and Sumatra wrappers: Known for their rich flavors and versatility, these wrappers are featured in the Four Kicks, Headley Grange, and La Imperiosa lines.
- Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper: A dark and flavorful wrapper that adds complexity and depth to the J.D. Howard Reserve line.
- Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper: Known for its natural sweetness and rich, earthy flavors, this wrapper is used in the Le Careme line to create a luxurious smoking experience.
By partnering with esteemed cigar factories and sourcing the finest tobaccos, Crowned Heads has positioned itself as a reliable producer of high-quality, flavorful, and memorable cigars that cater to discerning cigar enthusiasts.